Staccato is Italian for articulated distinctly, with a separation
you could also use wieniawski concerto No. 2, Hora Staccato by Dinicu-Heifetz.
- Improves control over the entire bow
- Prepares you for pieces that use staccato.
1. Start slowly with a nice "pop" or collé
sound at the beginning of each up bow stroke.
2. Build up your speed faster every day and track your progress daily in the
- Pull to the tip on each down bow stroke. Until you are at top speeds above
- Listen to the last two notes of each group of up bows.
- For the up bow staccato use straight fingers or the "up bow grip".
- For the down bow staccato use round fingers or the "down bow grip".
- For speed, try moving up bow while you are doing tremolo.